Well, all the children have arrived and you let them play together for a bit. Now is the time to launch thebirthday entertainment, because there is not a minute to lose!
- Do not move. We're going to do one last team game. Stone Leaf Scissors ! I show you three positions. The outstretched hand is a sheet of paper; the fist is a pebble; the index and the middle finger in the shape of V, they are scissors. The paper prevails over the pebble, it covers it. The rock outweighs the scissors, it breaks them. The scissors win over the sheet, they cut it. You understood ?
- Sit across from each other. Put your hands behind your back. I count to 3 and you count with me. At 3, take out your hand either outstretched, or in a fist, or in a V. The strongest scores 1 point, when the two elements are similar, there is no point. The first team to total 10 points (to be defined according to the number of children) wins. Are you ready ?
- Let's go. Count with me. 1, 2, 3! I will decide between you! We start again, 1, 2, 3!
The children are in teams in 2 rows facing each other. If you made another birthday game just before and you don't have a team, you can call the children two by two and have them play in front of their friends...
Rock Paper Scissors is one of 6 year old birthday games who is most successful! The only problem ? The kids love it so much they can't stop!
How to make Rock Paper Scissors even more fun?
- The variant Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock : it's to spice up the game a bit, in case you organize it with older children! The rules: scissors cut paper, paper beats rock, rock smashes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper pushes Spock back, Spock destroys stone, stone beats scissors. This is the ideal variant for teenage fans of The Big Bang Theory or for children who love science fiction!
- Play using sounds: Instead of using rocks, leaves and scissors, you can play using sounds. For example, you can use the sound of a drum to represent the rock, the sound of a sheet of paper to represent the leaf, and the sound of scissors to represent the scissors.
- Play with Challenges: Introduce challenges for each player, such as having to play with one hand, play while standing on one leg, or play blindfolded.
And There you go ! Rock Paper Scissors like you've never seen it before! These variations of the game are a good way to adapt it according to the age of the children!